Pre-Summer AC Tune Up
Getting your AC ready for the Summer
Pre-Summer AC Tune Up
Ok the summer is coming, are your ready? Here at PMI Air Conditioning we recommend our Pre-Summer AC Tune Up service. Our systems have been cooling us through out our cool season and I know we have been very happy with our energy cost. I have even seen some of my neighbors with there windows open because it has been so cool. Now that the Summer is coming how can we keep our energy cost down? Here are some tips on how to do just that, keeping you cooling cost down.
- Keep Your AC Filter Clean – We recommend to replace your filter every thirty days. Something as simple as a clean filter can save you money. A dirty filter can cause your indoor unit fan motor to work harder in turn pulling more amps. It can also cause you evaporator coil to freeze causing the system to not cool and raise your energy consumption.
- Keep Your Outside unit Clean – Keeping your outside unit clean is very important. The coils on that unit needs to pull in as much air as possible. Leaves and grass clippings can clog your coil making the system work harder and pull more amps.
- Thermostat Control – First check your batteries on your thermostat. If you can’t remember the last time you changed your batteries, change it. Second, try not to fluctuate your setting no more than 2 degrees. This will help reduce your energy cost.
- Check Your Attic Insulation – Checking you attic insulation for flat spots. Keeping the Heat out will allow your thermostat to register a cool temp keeping you compressor off and only turning on when needed.
- Make Sure Your Windows are Sealed – Check your windows for a loss of air. One way to make sure you don’t loss energy through windows is to re-weather strip you existing windows. Look for cracks and opening.
These five steps will help you keep your energy consumption down this Summer. Now as to how we can help keep your unit running this Summer, schedule your Pre-Summer AC Tune Up Service for $89.00.
Included in our service:
- Drain line flush – To avoid condensation over flow or float switch system cut off.
- Check refrigerant levels (one pound of 410A refrigerant included) – Keeps your unit cooling efficiently.
- Outside unit coil clean – Keeps outside unit working efficiently.
- Mechanical and Electrical components check – Verifying all systems are working properly looking for ware on wires and components.
- Inside coil check – Inspecting your inside coil to make sure it is clean.
- Check Thermostat – Inspect thermostat calibration.
- Check Duct work for Air loss – Making sure that your are not loosing energy in your attic.
Call today at 954.379.4020 to schedule or speak to the Manager, Esteban at 561.756.5545.